Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mr Main Event's Top 10 Matches of all time: Number 10

For the next few weeks, I will be providing my top 10 favorite matches of all time. These matches are simply my personal favorite matches and the reasons will be in the article.

Number 10: Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit in a Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship : Royal
Rumble 2001


Whenever I had the opportunity to watch Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit square off, I knew that I would be treated to a classic. In what would become the last Royal Rumble that I enjoyed with my late grandmother, I watched one of the best ladder matches in history. Unfortunately due to the events of June 2007, this match never existed in the eyes of the WWE.

Chris Benoit went into this match as the defending champion. As these two have done before, fans were entertained with a series of promos in which Chris Jericho constantly mocked Chris Benoit. Jericho reminded everyone that Benoit was nothing but a boring wrestling with a monotonousness voice. During the match, these two constantly beat the living hell out of each other. Both men did not hesitate to hurt themselves in order to inflict more pain their opponents. At one point Benoit went diving through the ropes after Jericho, only to be met with a steel chair directly on his skull. As both men went up the ladder in hopes to grab the gold, Jericho pulled off the unthinkable by securing the walls of Jericho on ladder. As he threw Benoit off the ladder, Jericho claimed the Intercontinental Championship. This match was certainly an all time classic.


@MrMainEventBDuB

No comments:

Post a Comment